Friday, February 10, 2012

Soon to Be Published

I can't believe it; I'm finally going to be published. Writing a novel is not as easy as some people might think. Besides having the ability to weave an interesting or exciting story, it takes determination, some knowhow and a little bit of luck.
For years, I would write plots or half-written stories. Some of them became unfinished stories. I owned a chest full of notebooks of these writings, and I convinced myself that one day I’m going to complete them. Okay. It’s an unrealistic goal. In the back of my head, I know it’s not going to happen, but one can always dream.
My dream of becoming a writer started when I was eight years. My parents took me to the library for the first time. I felt somewhat independent because I was allowed to choose books that I wanted to read without my parents influencing me. Then, I found out I could borrow up to ten books a week. Oh, boy. I was a kid in a candy store. As I grew up my love of reading increased, and with it came the desire to write. While all the other girls I went to school with obsessed about writing in their diaries, I was more interested in creative writing.
In high school, I began to imagine myself as a popular romance writer. I actually completed several stories but they were written through a child’s perception. Any time I reread what I wrote back then, I’d chuckle at my naiveté.  Although the desire to write was still in me, real life intruded. I went to college and major several subjects but none of them replaced the enjoyment I felt when I wrote a story.
Five years ago, I decided to make my dream come true and take writing seriously. I read reference books on the craft, enrolled in many romance writing classes and joined popular romance groups. I worked hard to develop my skills and now I’m published.


The release date for my upcoming book is February 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment